Islamic Retail Banking Products
Al Yusr Home Finance

Home Finance you can trust

The purchase of a property is probably the largest and most important investment you`ll make. But how can you finance your dream home while still ensuring you are true to your Islamic values?

Al Yusr Home Finance has been approved by a panel of respected scholars. It is based on the Shari`a concept of Diminishing Musharakah (Musharakah Al Mutanaqisa) – a form of partnership in which one partner (the customer) promises to buy the equity share of the other partner (Al Yusr) gradually. Eventually the title to the equity is completely transferred to the customer. It is home finance you can really trust.

How does it work in?

You will form partnership with Al Yusr and we will appoint you as our agent (wakeel) to identify and purchase the property on our behalf. We will provide the larger share of the equity – for example 80% of the purchase price. You will provide the remaining 20%.

Once the property has been purchased, we will lease the property for you to use, against periodic instalments. Our equity in the property will be gradually purchased by you over the financing period and at the end of the term of contract, you will own the property completely.

Al Yusr Home Finance will be offered for all property types, including ready property, property to be built, property renovation and extensions.

Features and benefits 

  • No maximum financing cap*
  • Financing up to 80% of the property value
  • Maximum financing tenor up to 25 years
  • Finance available for ready property, property to be built, property renovation or extension
  • Balance transfer facility from existing conventional home loans
  • Available to salaried, self-employed & business persons
  • Attractive pricing
  • Available for any nationality**
  • Transparent and fast processing
  • Grace repayment period* applicable to properties to be built (under construction) for a period up to 18 months
  • Service at your doorstep – you call and our representative will visit you

*Terms and conditions apply
**Expatriate residents will be granted the financing in the designated Integrated Tourism and Residential Complexes (ITCs)


Age Requirement
  • Minimum age of 21 years at the time of application
  • Maximum age of 60 years at the end of facility
Income (Salary) Requirement

Omani Nationals

  • Special offer for Government sector employees
  • Monthly salary requirement – RO 400 (minimum) for private sector employees
  • Monthly income requirement – RO 1,000 (minimum) for businessmen and self-employed professionals

Non-Omani Residents

  • Monthly salary requirement – RO 500 (minimum) for private sector employees
  • Monthly income requirement – RO 1,000 (minimum) for businessmen and self-employed professionals
Documents Required
  • Copy of valid ID / Passport (Omani)
  • Copy of valid passport with valid Visa and copy of a valid Resident Card (Expatriates)
  • Address proof (copy of utility bill)
  • Information Discloser Form
  • Valuation report from the approved valuation companies
  • Certificate of outstanding loan / finance (for balance transfer)
  • Last six month`s bank statement
  • Life Takaful / Insurance
  • Property Takaful / Insurance
  • Copy of title deed / Mulkiya / Krooki / Building completion certificate / any other relevant property related documents
  • Construction contract with the developer / constructor (for property to be built, renovation or extension of the property)
  • For Salaried customers:
    • Original salary certificate from the employer addressed to Al Yusr, Oman Arab Bank
    • Salary transfer letter from employer to Al Yusr, Oman Arab bank
    • Undertaking from the employer to transfer the "End of Services Benefits" to the salary account maintained with Al Yusr, Oman Arab Bank
  • For Businessmen & Self-employed persons:
    • Last one year`s bank account statement
    • Copy of commercial registration or trade license (whichever applicable)
    • Copy of professional license (for self-employed customers)
    • Letter from local (Omani national) partner(s), sponsor(s) for expatriate businessmen or self-employed customers
    • Post-dated cheques
    • Audited Financial Statements
Please come and talk to us

In case you have any query, we welcome you to visit our Islamic banking branch located at Wattayya.
Alternatively, please call us on 247 54 666 or